Repertoire process 2019 4th quarter

 
Great !

So Saturday Nov 16th at 7 PM at newman Center Address3484 Peel St, Montreal, Quebec H3A 3T6

Sounds good !  7 minutes is reasonable.  It's better than coming to a performance without playing or showing up for class not being allowed for questions !!!
A dj is a disc jockey...  someone taking care of the accompaniment (track) . Just as partition is for musicians, DJ are kind of a guide for performers !!! 

- In my Father's house (piano)- could be perfected... let's drop it

-Let drop Proxy redeemed as 'There Is a God in'' (Daniel 2) - 2 minutes unless I sing it double speed Accapella while I'm setting up to save time ???

-'Before time and Space' (Ps 19) redeems 'A doll' 2min 40 - (I can drop it if my voice has mucus )

- Soufflent les vents (P. Decourroux) 2min 40

I should finish with the medley because I master it in the 12 keys.  Let's pray I get to speed it without wrong transitions to finish with power and entertainment !!!

Alain

P.S.  Here is my most recent thought after pondering on Dan Luiten's teaching 
Le problème c'est qu'aujourd'hui nous avons des églises qui prennent les fidèles pour des conducteurs et lorsque cela arrive, elle deviens une prison !!!»  Check out his comments.  I found him because I was looking for the difference between worship and performance. (Différence entre Performer et conduire la louange ?)

Quel est la différence entre Performer et conduire la louange ?
«L'artiste trouve son plaisir en chantant pour offrir mais le conducteur de louange trouve son plaisir quand l'auditoire n'a plus besoin de l'écouter mais qu'il chante tout seul [...] il trouve son plaisir lorsque les gens l'oublient, votre passion est de voir les autres grandir.» - Dan Luiten 




Le sam. 2 nov. 2019 à 16:47, Elena Jurczak <elena.jurczak@mail.mcgill.ca> a écrit :
Hi Alain,

Your act sounds great, we are happy to have you performing at our coffeehouse!
Just a couple of notes:
  1. Please ensure that your entire act lasts 7 minutes or less
  2. What do you mean by a DJ to coordinate the clarinet accompaniements?
Thanks and looking forward to meeting you at the coffeehouse!

Best,
Elena

De : alain daigneault <daigneault.alain@gmail.com>
Envoyé : vendredi 1 novembre 2019 20:07
À : socialactivities@mcgillcatholics.ca <socialactivities@mcgillcatholics.ca>
Cc : Jam Vocal Performance School Jennifer Meades <jamvocalcoaching@outlook.com>
Objet : In my Father's house act
 
Newman Center Coffeehouse

Dear Elena

I am interested to fill a spot on Samedi 16 novembre 2019 à 19 h 00 at Newman Center for this event : https://www.facebook.com/events/413943849316119/.  

Description of the act :

Singing and piano accompaniement of 'In my Father's house', plus a medley of 'Sing unto the Lord' and 'I will worship you Lord'. + 2 jazz pieces on clarinet 'There is a God in' and 'Before time and space'

Equipment needed : Piano and microphone with 2 stands and a 'DJ' to coordinate the proper 2 clarinet accompaniment tracks that could be sent prior by email or wetransfer.

Please confirm with me by phone ASAP (450-300-2467) so I can prime my act on social media and work around your adgenda, allways prepared mentally.  You may reserve me with Jennifer Meade (my Vocal Coach) or by Calling me personnaly.

Best practice,

Alain, Proud JAM VSP student
450-300-2467

P.S. «Priming occurs whenever exposure to one thing can later alter behavior or thoughts.» says Google, witch reminds me of a book I read in my early Christendom, called 'Alter your life' by Zig Ziglar.   Here are some quotes : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTBBjnNDr-o




If Nietzsche said “Without music, life would be a mistake.” , I say make all the mistakes you can make and your legacy will be a symphony !!!

“The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.”
Elie Wiesel

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Qu'est-ce qu'un immobilisateur ? par Alain Daigneault, immobilisateur de renom

Invitation to participate in a listening workshop, post an appearance and register in the first year curriculum under the school of the spirit.

Biographie que mes arrières-petits-enfants lieront :